It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
This is a common expression to use when Christmas is just around the corner and people begin to prepare their Christmas decorations.
If you close your eyes and think about Christmas in your childhood, what do you recall? Here you have some examples:
Baking Christmas cookies with my family
Playing in the snow with my friends
Decorating the house
Singing Christmas carols with my family
Did you have a special Christmas tradition in your family? For example:
I used to go to my grandmother’s house to help her trim the tree
I used to play boardgames with my siblings all night on New Year’s Eve
How do you feel about these memories? Why don’t you visit our forum and answer these questions?
Christmas activity. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Now we suggest this activity to practice your English:
Watch this video and then answer the following questions:
- At the beginning of the video, why is the man looking at old pictures with a gloomy face?
- What is he doing with the weight every day? Why?
- What happens at the end?
- What’s your opinion about the video? Did you like it? Why?
- What kind of memories do you think the little girl will have about Christmas and her grandfather when she grows up?
- What Christmas vocabulary can you elicit after watching the video?
You may also be interested in this Christmas post: Christmas vocabulary. Enjoy!